Senior Full Stack Engineer
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced full stack engineer to take a lead role in enterprise-wide architectural decisions to deliver the most value to our users from our diverse and growing data.
Sydney | Full-time (Some travel may be required. Initially remote but must reside in Sydney for meetings)
Hypothesis unlocks digital advantage by designing, delivering and entrenching human-centric technology solutions and agile environments. We focus our energy on understanding people and meeting customer needs, so we can help businesses gain competitive advantage. To do that, we need great people.
People, conversations and purpose are more important to us than titles, structure and systems. We also believe diversity feeds creativity, so we celebrate the individual and embrace authenticity. As a fast-paced consultancy, connections are vital. We strive to foster a culture of open and honest face-to-face interaction, in an environment that nurtures both business and social relationships.
We’re looking for people with broad life experience and a passion for delivery. We want talented problem solvers and creative thinkers who are comfortable challenging the status quo and working in the grey to deliver impactful outcomes. Do you have the magic we need to join our expert and energetic team?
About the role
As part of this role, you’ll get to work with a full stack, cross-functional team, including dedicated UX/UI gurus. Within our team we’ve got expertise ranging from embedded C, through micro services leveraging node.JS and .Net core to React single page applications and React Native mobile apps. With a DevOps team culture, we also have the autonomy that comes with having control of your own technical stack.
Working within an agile team you will have the ability to truly shape a product; helping to define the priority, value proposition and user focus, along with business-focused subject matter experts.
Who you’ll work with
Our diverse team hails from five continents. Our people bring the magic, whether it’s within a project team or to our weekly engineering catch up where we play with tech and share what we’ve learned.
If you’re smart, passionate about building great products and have a solid engineering background with an understanding of how IT can affect real change you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on not only our business and culture but also our clients’.
Skills & Requirements
- Frontend technologies like Angular / React / Grunt / Mocha / Karma etc
- Backend technologies among node.js / java / .net / go / Kotlin
- You know how to build RESTful APIs on AWS (and/or Azure) and are comfortable with cloud technologies in general
- You know how to structure, develop and maintain relational databases with proven development experience
- Solution architecture experience
- You know or want to learn how to use Redis and other NoSQL technologies
- Not essential but experience in Extreme Programming – pairing, TDD, and CICD nice to have
- You have full Australian working rights
- You have a proven ability to solve complex problems in a way that is easy for others to understand
- You are hungry and happy to pick up new technologies as required
- You love simplicity and code that just works